ISPRS Working Group V/7 aims to promote global literacy and advance innovations in geospatial technologies, mainly in photogrammetry and remote sensing, for implementation in the educational process of applied and natural sciences through the development of multidisciplinary educational content that will facilitate knowledge exchange between various majors and scientific organizations.
We are establishing and soliciting a global collaborative network focused on the most efficient ways to integrate professionally and crowdsourced geospatial data into civil engineering, architectural, ecological, geological, and other operational workflows.
To meet this challenge, WG is planning to develop and promote worldwide educational content enabling to provide training and education for geospatial literacy and skills-set development in civil engineering, environmental and architectural activities, ecological and geological studies, etc.
Special attention will be given to the low-cost photogrammetry, UAS, LiDAR, and open-sourced geospatial technologies suitable for deployment by developing countries. To this end, the group aims to establish collaboration with the UN University, European, and the US educational programs that challenge to help the developing countries.
Finally, WG shares educational content, develops novel educational components of training and education in photogrammetry and remote sensing for civil engineers, architects, environmental engineers, etc, organize joint workshops, symposium and prepares curriculums, textbooks, and recommendations.
Terms of Reference
• Teaching innovative geospatial technologies to get learning skills in assessing the environmental impact of construction, structure inventory, and certification.
• Development of educational programs on applying photogrammetry, remote sensing and GIS for solving problems of BIM for building life cycle support, town-planning and spatial territorial management
• Geospatial education for civil engineering, particularly for roads, bridges, buildings construction, facilities management etc.
• Smart Cities, Digital Twins, Spatial planning, Real estate management and their geospatial educational constituent.
• VR/AR technologies for decision-support process in civil engineering and architecture.
• Geospatial technologies for the decision-support process of renewal and development of the electricity system, development of electromobility infrastructure, and management of decentralized energy.
• Development and implementation of Innovative techniques and technologies of photogrammetry and remote sensing for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree curricula and postgraduate studies in architecture, town planning, civil engineering, environmental engineering, geology, etc.
• Methodical guidance, management of educational seminars and summer schools for the sharing of knowledge and experience of young professionals in photogrammetry, remote sensing, civil engineering, architecture, geomatics engineering, and GIS
• Provide assistance in submitting projects on integrated educational programs financing by various organizations and those of under the EU auspices